How much does your monitoring cost?
$18.00 a month plus tax.
Do I have to sign a contract?
No, we do not ask our customer to sign any contracts, because we believe in our service and trust that our customers will stay with us.
Do I get any discount for pre-paying on my account?
Yes, we have many customers that want to pay for a year in advance and with that we give our customers their 12th month for free. So they would pay for 11 months, total of $214.34 which includes tax and we would give them a month free.
Do you have any referral programs?
Yes, each time an existing customer refers a friend, relative or neighbor who activates their system with us, we will give that existing customer 1 month free, as a thank you for passing along the Gurkin Security name. *This can be combined with any other discounts*
Do I need an Alarm permit?
Yes, most cities have an alarm ordinance that requires you to register your system with the police department. Visit our alarm system permit page to download the appropriate form. Once you receive your permit number please get it to us as soon as possible.
Do I need to have a phone line for my alarm to work?
No, if you decide that you do not wish to have a phone line in your home we offer a Full Reporting Radio that sends out the signals just like a phone line would. Just ask us how we could do that for you when you schedule your appointment.
How do I test my Security System?
Is your alarm system not working? Don’t worry! Follow the instructions below to test your system. If it still does not work, call Gurkin Security Systems today at 940-498-1818 to schedule a maintenance appointment.
Your Gurkin Security System is there to protect you, and we want it to work every minute of every day. Feel free to give us a call if you have any other questions or concerns about your system, and thank you for choosing Gurkin Security to protect you, your home and your family.
- Call the Monitoring Station at 972-792-1116 and tell them your account number or password and then tell them you want to put your system on test for 20-30 minutes.
- Then arm your alarm, as if you were leaving the house.
- Wait until the 60 second timer runs out.
- Open the door.
- Let the alarm sound for at least 60 seconds, and then turn off the alarm.
- Wait 3-4 minutes and then call the monitoring station back and give them your information again and ask them what they received from your account.
- If they state that they received signal from your account then everything is working correctly.
- If they state that they did not receive anything from your account, call the business office at 940-498-1818 to schedule an appointment for one of the Technicians to come out and take a look at your alarm